Barrington Stage Company
122 North Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Full time / $40,000-$42,000 annually / Barrington Stage Company / Pittsfield, MA
Barrington Stage Company, an award-winning theatre company in the Berkshires (Pittsfield, MA), seeks an emerging professional in the field of applied theatre or theatre education. The Associate will join our team providing administrative support as well as serving as a teaching artist in our programs.
Barrington Stage has a three-fold mission: to produce top-notch, compelling work; to develop new plays and musicals; and to engage our community with vibrant, inclusive educational outreach programs. BSC is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. Barrington Stage Company (BSC) is committed to providing a conscious, healthy, and respectful work environment for everyone involved in bringing its mission to life. As such we seek team members who contribute to the diversity of backgrounds and experiences to support an expansive artistic and educational vision; are committed to engaging in ongoing anti-oppression work collectively and individually, value collaboration, flexibility, and an openness to continuous personal and professional growth. Please review our code of conduct located on our website.
* Support education programs as a mentor and teaching artist to include: KidsAct!, TeensAct!, Playwright Mentoring Project, and in school residencies.
* Assist in planning and curriculum development in KidsAct!, TeensAct!, Professional Internship Program, and Playwright Mentoring Project (PMP)
* Assist with production and stage management as needed in education and community engagement programming.
* Provides logistical support across multiple programs and projects
* Maintains internal calendars, and scheduling support of recruitment, staff, and student calendars/ appointments
* Manage the registration process of students on Tessitura
* Manage and maintain school and local organization and student databases, including external email communications
* Assist in recruitment process for Professional Internship program, KidsAct!, TeensAct! And PMP
Reports to director of education
Salary is $40,000–$42,000 commensurate with experience as well as a benefits package including paid vacation, health, and dental. Vision and life insurance offered.
- Professional training and or experience in theatre education or applied theatre
- Demonstrates inclusive practices and a progressive pedagogy with students and co-workers
- Experience with devising theatre and improvisation
- Experience teaching theater to young people
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- An energetic, enthusiastic, collaborative spirit
- An ability to connect with students bringing energy, curiosity, joy and fun to the process
- Possesses a growth mindset, taking advantage of professional development opportunities
- Strong communication skills including familiarity with social media marketing
- Valid driver’s license, passes CORI check