Director of Human Resources at Yale
Yale School of Drama/Yale Repertory Theatre (YSD/YRT)
New Haven, CT 06520
Director of Human Resources - Yale School of Drama/Yale Repertory Theatre (YSD/YRT) seeks an individual to serve as Director of Human Resources, School of Drama.
This position leads efforts to foster an organizational culture that reflects YSD/YRT’s mission and values, which include developing an anti-racist theatre practice and ongoing efforts of equity, diversity and inclusion; provides overall strategic human resource leadership to YSD/YRT; and ensures that all faculty, staff, and students receive the highest quality human resource management and support conducted in accordance with government legislation and regulations, contractual obligations, and University policies and procedures.
Strong self-starter with strongly demonstrated ability to identify and resolve complex HR and employee relations issue, to direct and influence change with excellent critical and strategic thinking abilities.
You must be willing to bring your individual experience and perspective to all situations, and to speak that personal truth to power.
- Experience and commitment to supporting equity, diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism in the workplace
- Strong skills in listening, oral fluency and written communication
- Interpersonal and inclusive problem-solving
- Team building, facilitation, and customer service, with the ability to explain complex issues in simple lay terms
- Experience in assessing, coordinating and conducting training sessions.
- Knowledge of staffing, compensation, federal and state employment law, labor relations, training and development, benefits and HRIS applications.
Preferred: Experience working for a non-profit organization.
Salary range $85-$95K, plus Yale University benefits package. Review of applications will begin in January 2021.