Digital Engagement Associate
The Public Theater
425 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003
The Public Theater was founded in 1954 on the principles that theater is an essential cultural force and that art and culture belong to everyone. The Public is seeking a creative, strategic, and collaborative social media and digital content professional to join its Communications Team to amplify the theater’s artists, productions, programs, mission, and values through innovative and engaging social media content and campaigns.
Reporting to the Social Media Manager, the Digital Engagement Associate provides project support to the Digital Engagement team, primarily by assisting in the ongoing implementation of The Public’s social media and digital strategy (both paid and organic).
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
* With supervision from the Social Media Manager, maintain the social media content calendar.
* Draft, schedule, and post Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn content in accordance with the calendar; coordinate with stakeholders on copy, assets, and approvals as necessary.
* Support on execution of social media strategies and campaigns for all productions, programs, and institutional milestones.
* Monitor social channels and respond in accordance with institutional priorities and community management best practices.
* Directly responsible for managing YouTube accounts, including uploading and captioning content.
* Generate weekly CRM lists for paid social media campaigns. Support the Social Media Manager in the monitoring and development of all paid digital campaigns.
* Request and route visual assets for all social media platforms.
* Assist with copy edits and asset updates on The Public’s website.
* Assist with special projects and press events that may occur outside of regular business hours.
* Other duties, including some administrative tasks, as assigned
Benefits & Perks:
The Public Theater offers a robust slate of benefits, which currently include:
* A range of excellent health, dental, and vision insurance options
* Employee Assistance Program and Work-Life Services
* Flexible paid time off
* One paid “day of service” each year
* 10 weeks of paid family leave
* Commuter benefits for parking and transit
* Flexible spending accounts for healthcare
* 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
* Life and disability coverage
* Discounted gym memberships
* Free and discounted theater tickets, as theaters safely reopen in NYC
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an non-exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Position is available immediately.
- 1 year of directly related experience in social media and the digital landscape.
- Knowledge or interest in theater or NY cultural institutions, a plus.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms for business (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube), Community Management Platforms (Sprout Social, Hootsuite, etc.), and Adobe Creative Suite (Primarily Photoshop and Premiere Pro) are preferred.
- Self-starter with impeccable time management and organizational skills who can manage multiple deadlines amidst constantly shifting priorities.
- The Public is a cultural institution dedicated to upholding principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. The candidate must be willing to investigate how those principles apply in the context of marketing and communications.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com with “Digital Engagement Associate” in the subject line.
Every applicant’s resume will be seen by The Public’s Human Resources team. After reviewing all applications fully, select applications will move forward with a brief screening interview. The Social Media Manager will then conduct the first round of interviews, which will occur on a rolling basis and will be conducted over the phone or Zoom, starting in June. The Social Media Manager will recommend applicants for secondary interviews with the Director of Institutional Communications and members of the Communications and Marketing teams. An offer is expected to be made in July, however the position will remain open until successfully filled.