Development Assistant, Special Events
The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
The Public Theater is seeking a Development Assistant, Special Events who will report to the Manager, Special Events and be an integral member of the Special Events team which executes over 200 events a year including Opening Nights, the Annual Gala, cultivation dinners, cocktail receptions, and more. The Development Assistant, Special Events will provide support for the successful execution of all cultivation and fundraising events at the Public Theater including events during Shakespeare in the Park and the downtown season. This position requires an individual who is highly detail-oriented and works well in a fast-paced office.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Draft and send event invitations, confirmations, and reminders via Wordfly and Outlook to all guests and donors
· Maintain event guest lists and track RSVPs via email and voicemail in Tessitura
· Coordinate both seating and ticketing for all dinners and performances
· Assist in event prep including submitting space set-up requests, creating seating labels, creating guest place cards, prepping check-in materials, uploading guest lists in Zkipster (check-in system), etc.
· Provide onsite support at events including check-in/greet and seat guests, step + repeat set up and breakdown, troubleshoot, etc.
· Assist in creating and distributing event details to Development department and stakeholders
· Update Development Department on event guest RSVPs
· Create/manage Public Theater staff standby invitations for Opening Nights
· Coordinate post-event artist gifts and thank you cards
· Assist Associate, Special Events in building and pulling invitation lists for all events
· Maintain Special Events calendar and send outlook event invitations to Public Theater staff
· Update Board Portal with upcoming event information
· Assist with donation tracking, ticket sales, and solicitation activity in Tessitura and coordinate program acknowledgements when necessary
· Assist with the acknowledgement process and follow-up on pledge payments for all events including the Annual Gala
· Maintain alcohol inventory for all events – transport alcohol to the necessary location for events/maintain inventory document/maintain alcohol storage
· Reconcile expense receipts for Special Events department; submit check/payment requests
· Provide general support for Special Events team, Development office, and Tessitura database maintenance
Requirements: Successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to multitask with attention to detail and have meaningful customer service skills. Database and event experience preferred, but not required. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, lift 50 pounds, and be proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. At least 1 year of similar office experience.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.