Company Manager / Office Coordinator
Classic Stage Company
136 East 13th Street
Classic Stage Company is seeking a full-time season-long Company Manager/Office Coordinator to support a three-production off-Broadway season, various events, and an administrative office. The Company Manager/Office Coordinator will serve a vital role in welcoming artists and audiences to CSC, as well as collaborating across departments to assist in the day-to-day needs of a busy, $4 million non-profit institution. This position reports to the General Manager.
• Company representative at performances and rehearsals to provide support to stage managers, actors, musicians, artistic team, crew, and front-of-house team
• Prepare weekly production payroll, including weekly union benefit, commission, and royalty reporting
• Organize bios and listings for production programs
• Oversee company tickets, tech seats, and house seat requests
• Manage workers compensation claims
• Assist in post-show talkbacks and other audience engagement events
• Collaborate on planning and execution of Opening Night and other company events
• Provide administrative support across departments, overseeing a well-organized office
• Maintain office calendars
• Provide scheduling and other occasional support to Producing Artistic Director
• Support accounts payable/accounts receivable
• Serve as point for office vendor management
• Serve on the COVID Safety Management team and maintain safe working space
The Company Manager/Office Coordinator position is full-time, non-exempt with an anticipated start date of August 14, 2023 and end date of June 28, 2024. The salary is $1000 per week. This position offers health insurance (medical, dental, vision) and access to a 401k plan.
This position requires availability to work evenings and weekends. While CSC does offer a hybrid office model, the majority of work for this position will be in person.
Requirements• Experience working in a professional theater environment
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize
• Personable, with excellent customer service instincts
• Creative problem-solving abilities
• Ability to flexibly respond to the variables that come from live theater
• Knowledge of theater and the different roles played by various members of a creative and administrative company
If this position sounds like the perfect fit for you, please apply! In addition to your resume, send along a cover letter that tells us a little bit about yourself beyond your work history. We’d love to know more about you and hear why you’re interested in this role and what you’re looking for in a new position. You can submit all of these materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Company Manager/Office Coordinator” in the subject line.
The health and well-being of our artists, staff, and audiences is of utmost importance to us. CSC will be in compliance with all CDC, Federal, NY State, and NYC guidelines as well as union COVID-19 Safety Protocols for Off-Broadway Productions for Fully Vaccinated Companies. It will be a condition of employment all CSC employees are fully vaccinated, which as defined by the CDC is more than 14 calendar days following receipt of a final dose of an FDA or World Health Organization authorized or approved vaccine and staying up-to-date on all authorized or approved boosters.
CSC is committed to being an anti-racist organization. CSC recognizes the responsibility we bear to make our theater a place where all artists, audiences, and staff feel supported and at home. To learn more about CSC’s commitment we encourage you to visit https://www.classicstage.org/commitment.
Classic Stage Company values diversity and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. In addition to federal law requirements, Classic Stage Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.