4200 Campbell Ave.
Arlington, VA 22206
Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres is seeking a Company Manager for the upcoming production of TWILIGHT: LOS ANGELES, 1992. Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field and aligning with Signature theatre’s institutional goals and priorities focused on playwrights, community and access are strongly encouraged to apply. Signature is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility and welcomes candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for underrepresented communities. Please read our commitment to creating a theatre focused on EDIA at signaturetheatre.org.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Company Manager’s responsibilities include:
• Serve as liaison between artists, management, and production personnel for TWILIGHT: LOS ANGELES,
• Draft and administer actor contracts and correspond with artist representatives
• Provide onsite coverage at rehearsals and performances, including evenings, weekends and holidays, to
respond to ongoing needs of each company
• Manage travel, accommodations, and other special needs as they arise
• Process all house seat and company ticket requests and manage ticket inventory in conjunction with
Marketing and the box office
• Process and distribute weekly company payroll and generate union reports
• Track expenses and reconcile company management budget
• Communicate Signature policies to the company
• Organize company events including meet and greets, opening and closing nights and other special events
This is a full-time, temporary position starting immediately. Salary $1,200/wk. TWILIGHT: LOS ANGELES, 1992 begins rehearsals September 10, 2021.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate will be a strong team player who works well with others. The ideal candidate will be adaptable, have a positive and proactive approach and possesses great attention to detail with strong organizational, written, and interpersonal skills. Covid Safety Manager training and experience is a plus, but not required.
Please email a cover letter and resume, with references, to email@example.com. Please type COMPANY MANAGER in the subject line. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, disability, genetic predisposition, age, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No phone calls, please. For more information about Signature, please visit www.signaturetheatre.org.