Community Stakeholder Specialist
Brooklyn, NY 11249
The Community Stakeholder Specialist is responsible for overall Audience View/OvationTix CRM, data management and analysis, directly supporting audience development and engagement, through the fundraising, box office, and marketing activities of National Sawdust.
The position serves as the primary administrator for the customer relationship management and box office database and provides operational support for the external affairs team. The successful candidate is someone who is able to effectively retain existing audiences and reach potential new audiences by finding the stories and opportunities to engage individuals within the database. They will also provide accurate database maintenance, comprehensive reporting and analysis to inform donor and ticket buyer stewardship and revenue generation. Audience View training will be provided as needed.
Audience Research / Development
- The position will be responsible for the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our database.
- Working closely with fundraising, marketing, box office, and hospitality staff, the specialist will identify, develop and deploy new business processes related to the CRM.
- Assist and manage local marketing initiatives, including traditional and digital media.
- Perform marketing research (i.e. constituent surveys) within each community to better identify target audiences and analyze impact.
- Utilize research findings to generate leads and maintain consistent reach, awareness, and opportunities for growth.
- Oversee campaign set-up and maintenance for ticket sales, fundraising initiatives, eBlasts, and related reporting, analysis, and list generation.
- Oversee and process contributions, pledges, and payments to National Sawdust for all fundraising portfolios including generating timely and accurate gift acknowledgements.
- Track or ensure the records maintenance of frontline fundraisers’ plans activity and portfolio member communications across all portfolios.
- Create and manage prospect and donor research records using CRM and iWave.
Special Events and Meeting Planning Support
- Assist in meeting and event planning for all board meetings, fundraising and cultivation events in collaboration with the External Affairs team including executing solicitations, Save the Dates, auction management, and invitation mailings for all fundraising and cultivation special events.
- Provide night-of assistance at select National Sawdust performances to help with coordination at fundraising and cultivation events, and to be able to communicate with knowledge to ticket buyers’ and donors’ experience with National Sawdust programs.
- Assist the External Affairs leadership, in the completion and management of all grant applications and reporting.
- Maintain External Affairs Google Drive files.
- Other duties as assigned based on the evolving needs of the organization.
- Self-starter, comfortable in a small, entrepreneurial organization.
- Experience with and deep understanding of AudienceView/Ovation Tix, Salesforce Nonprofit, and/or other CRMs.
- Superior attention to detail, especially in maintaining databases and working with Google Drive and mail merge tools.
- High level analytical skills demonstrating the ability to translate data into recommendations and actionable plans to support earned and contributed revenue goals.
- Exceptional cultural competency skills including understanding and respecting values, attitudes, beliefs, and mores that differ across cultures, and considering and responding appropriately to these differences in representing the NS team to team colleagues, donors, artists, and board members.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing multiple projects within a deadline-driven environment.
- Basic math skills: graph making, spreadsheet management.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Demonstrated love for the performing arts preferred.
- Bachelor or Associate’s degree and/or 3-5 years of prior development/marketing experience.
Compensation & Work Environment:
- Salary range $58,000-$60,000 with competitive benefits and vacation package.
- This is a full time position with the potential to work from both home and the NS venue as needed. Hours will vary from month to month depending on the performance/production nature of National Sawdust’s mission and work.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. National Sawdust is an equal opportunity employer.
- COVID-19 Vaccination required.