Chief Operating Officer
East West Players
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Who is East West Players?
Founded in 1965, East West Players is committed to raising the visibility of the Asian American experience by presenting inventive world-class theatrical productions, developing artists of color, and providing impactful youth education programs.
What Will You Do?
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a new position, tasked with scaling and building towards organizational growth at an exciting moment for EWP, following recent key funding, including being recognized as an American Cultural Treasure by the Ford Foundation. The COO will oversee the financial operations of EWP, establishing and implementing policies and processes that promote EWP’s company culture and vision.
This role will be responsible for evaluating and managing resources for the theater, executing administrative and organizational priorities, collaborating both up and down the organization with staff, board, and the Producing Artistic Director. The COO reports to the Producing Artistic Director, and will oversee operations related to the departments of finance, operations and sales strategy.
Additional Areas of Expertise and Qualifications
● Five - ten years of experience in theater or live events (Master of Fine Arts (MFA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) or management degree preferred if less than ten years experience in the field)
● Knowledge of business functions such as HR, finance, marketing, management and fundraising
● Experience with strategic fiscal planning and business development
● Leadership and organizational skills
● Full and part-time staff management
● Experience working with the API community and/or culturally specific organizations
● Experience working on capital campaigns and/or serving on or collaborating with non-profit boards