Manhattan Theatre Club
New York, NY 10036
Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, MTC seeks an experienced and knowledgeable Business Manager to become part of our Business team.
For nearly fifty years, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by American and international playwrights. We are strongly committed to producing work that is made by, and tells the stories of, a wide range of voices from all walks of life and to making that work accessible to all audiences including those that have historically lacked access to the arts and cultural sector. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway’s restored Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and off Broadway at the historic NY City Center complex on West 55th Street.
The Business department works with multiple departments throughout the Theatre to deliver accurate and timely financial information. This position will report to the Director of Finance and is responsible for daily accounting functions and processes, month-end, and financial and analytical tasks in support of the accounting function at MTC. This position works with the rest of the team to help drive process improvements and implement internal controls in a growing organization.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process for financial reporting for internal and external use.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of various balance sheet and income statement accounts ensuring transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare and record daily, weekly, and monthly journal entries.
- Assist with the annual external audit and 990 preparation.
- Prepare reports for grants, salary surveys, and industry surveys.
- Provide support to the business team with ad-hoc projects.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Exposure and experience in non-profit finance desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with competing and unpredictable schedules.
- Ability to work cross departmentally in a fast-paced environment.
- Individual should be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, and analytical skills.
- Technical Skills: Highly competent in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel. Basic understanding of Accounting Software. Familiarity with Tessitura is a bonus.
This is a full time, salaried position paying in the $70K range with full benefits package including: group health insurance with options for spousal, family and/or domestic partner coverage, voluntary dental coverage, basic life and long term disability insurance, employer-funded pension, paid time off and optional 401(K) and flex savings plans for healthcare, dependant care and commuting expenses.
To Apply: Forward resume and cover letter to HR Director, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Manager” and your last name in the subject (MS Word, Adobe PDF or plain-text format only).
Manhattan Theatre Club believes that equity, diversity and inclusion should be essential elements of all activity within the organization. We have made it a priority to create and maintain an environment that is attractive to and supportive of all individuals regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, military or veteran status, etc. MTC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.