Artist Sustainability Workshop Series: Finding & Understanding Your Teaching Artist Identity
Bronx Council on the Arts
Bronx, NY 10461
BCA and the Teaching Artist Project (TAP) bring you a 3-part workshop series that will help teaching artists enrich their practice. Starting Tuesday, May 10th from 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM, every Tuesday until May 24th, participants will explore their “teaching artist identity” through individual and group artmaking, reflection, and discussion. Register for the series or for individual workshops and deepen your understanding of how your creative practice and teaching practice inform each other.
Through the Artist Sustainability Workshop Series (ASWS), the Bronx Council on the Arts (BCA) seeks to provide resources for artists seeking to build out their skill sets and create sustainable careers. We offer two types:
- Professional Development- which helps artists learn how to structure their artistic practices as a business, with workshops in business planning, intellectual property, marketing, fundraising and more.
- Craft Development- including writing, visual arts, music, and media workshops.
BCA’s 2022 Artists Sustainability Workshops will be held entirely online via zoom. This year our focus is to provide more in-depth workshops by grouping them into series for progressive learning.
Finding & Understanding Your Teaching Artist Identity
- Tuesday, May 10th 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 17th 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 24th 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM