New York, NY 10001
Artist Grant provides a $500 USD grant to one visual artist each grant cycle. Once an artist wins a grant, they may not apply again. We also award 2nd and 3rd place runners-up with $100 USD each. Runners-up may apply again in a future grant cycle.
There are four grant cycles per year – January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15. The deadline for the current grant cycle is July 15, 2022. If you are interested in receiving deadline reminder notifications, please subscribe to our mailing list.
We do not require proposals or any indication of how you will use the funds. Therefore, please do not send proposals because we will not read them.
An application fee of $25 USD helps defray costs of administering this grant so we can continue to support and fund artists’ important work, payable below.
We notify each applicant of the results at the conclusion of our review process (approximately 2-3 weeks after each deadline), and we will display the name and work of each grant recipient and a link to their website (if applicable) on our website and social media. To see current and past grant recipients’ work, scroll through our ‘Grant Recipients’ page.
In an effort to provide potential applicants with more information about our selection process, we publish shortlisted artists’ work on our social media*. We hope the short list provides insight into the wide range of creative efforts we consider. Artists retain all rights to their work. We are simply interested in celebrating and promoting the award winners and shortlisted artists.
If you have questions, contact us through our contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note: We only share the work of those artists who give us their permission.
We aim to select the strongest work possible. Markers for what constitutes “strong” include:
- A cohesive body of work
- Well-crafted work
- Well-presented work (with an understanding that artists have varying financial means and resources for presenting their work)
- Work that communicates its viewpoint, ideas, and concepts clearly, effectively, and creatively
- Work that is not derivative
We invite visual artists 18 and older from anywhere in the world to apply.
Visual artists working in any media may apply: painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture (of any type of material), ceramics, mixed/multiple medias, installation, and other new or alternative medias.
We regret that we do not accept submissions for film/video, music, theatre, or dance.
The application process is very simple.
- By July 15, 2022 email the following to email@example.com:
- A link to your website
- 3-5 digital images of your work
- A CV, resume, or brief bio that includes your name
- In addition, please contribute your $25 USD application fee by the deadline. This helps defray the costs of administering this grant so that we may continue to support and fund artists’ important work. If the name on your payment account differs, please indicate this in your application email.
We accept payment via:
- Stripe, credit card, UnionPay, or Apple Pay (only if you are paying using Safari on iOS 10+ or macOS Sierra+ devices/computers)
- Paypal, or a debit or credit card