NXTHVN 2023-2024 Studio and Curatorial Fellowships
169 Henry St
Each year NXTHVN welcomes up to seven artists and two curators to participate in its paid 10-month intensive Fellowship Program. The application is open until February 27, 2023. Each fellow will receive studio or office space, a stipend, and subsidized housing. Selected from an international pool of applicants, fellows relocate to New Haven to participate in NXTHVN’s mentorship-driven curriculum which includes professional development sessions led by visiting artists, curators, scholars, and practitioners. Selected fellows are also matched with a high school apprentice, for focused one-on-one mutual learning, which gives the next local generation a chance to grow and excel in creative fields. The fellowship year culminates with an annual group show at a prominent gallery space.
NXTHVN’s 10-month fellowships provide:
- Curatorial fellows will each receive a $45,000 stipend disbursed quarterly throughout the fellowship year.
- Studio fellows will each receive a $35,000 stipend disbursed quarterly throughout the fellowship year.
- Optional, subsidized housing in the Dixwell Neighborhood of New Haven
- Dedicated work and/or studio space with 24-hour access
- Monthly professional development sessions
- Access to NXTHVN’s professional network of field experts and guest speakers
- Culminating exhibitions for curatorial fellows and studio fellows
- An annual publication featuring writing and work by the fellows and apprentices
- Opportunity to design and participate in artist-led projects and public programming
- Vocabulary and skills for navigating the art market
- Completing the entire 10-month residency program
- Attendance at all professional development and advising sessions
- Relocation to New Haven
- Authorship and creation for most works completed onsite at NXTHVN
- Spending 13 hours per month mentoring a high school apprentice
- Proof of Covid vaccination is required. NXTHVN reserves the right to require additional Covid vaccines and safety protocols during the fellowship.