2022 Jadin Wong Fellowship in Dance
Asian American Arts Alliance
20 Jay Street, Ste 740
Brooklyn, NY 11201
The Asian American Arts Alliance (A4) is pleased to administer, with support from the New York Community Trust, the 2022 Jadin Wong Fellowship for an emerging New York City-based Asian American dance artist, who seeks to make an impact on the Asian American community to develop new or existing work.
A4’s mission is to ensure greater representation, equity, and opportunities for Asian American artists and cultural organizations through resource sharing, promotion, and community building. In line with these efforts, it is the aim of the Jadin Wong Fellowship to support an early-career individual Asian American artist living in New York City to develop work that will continue to fuel Asian American and creative discourse.
This award is a tribute to the life and work of renowned Chinese American actress, dancer, and comedienne Jadin Wong. Ms. Wong was a lifelong pioneer and innovator in the field of performing arts and strove to ensure opportunities for Asian Americans through her efforts as a performer and talent agent.
A4 will grant a fellowship to one early-career Asian American dancer/choreographer, age 30 or younger, whose work shows outstanding promise, and who may benefit from further professional artistic development.
The fellowship recipient will receive an unrestricted cash stipend of $6,000 and an eight-month fellowship tailored to respond to the unique needs of their practice. The fellowship includes artistic mentorship with an established or mid-career dance professional, leadership coaching, and a range of technical support.
A4 will administer an open application process.
The applicant MUST:
- Be of Asian heritage
- Be 30 years of age or younger at the time of the fellowship (born May 1, 1991 or later)
- Not be currently enrolled as a full-time or part-time student in a degree-granting program during the fellowship period (May – December 2022)
- Be a resident of New York City (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, or Staten Island)
- Be currently living in the US and primarily based in New York City during the fellowship period (May – December 2022)
- Have at least two years of experience in presented dance
NOTE: Current A4 staff, board members, and review panelists are not eligible. Immediate family of A4 staff, board members, and review panelists are not eligible