2021 New York Artadia Awards
45 Main Street, Suite 515
Brooklyn, NY 11201
The New York Artadia Awards are open to all visual artists living and working throughout the fiveBoroughs: Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island, and Queens for a minimum of two years.Individual artists and collaboratives working in all media, and at any stage in their career are strongly encouraged to apply. Artadia Awardees are selected through a two-tier jury process that combines local expertise with outside perspective from leading curators. A preliminary panel will evaluate all online submissions and select six Finalists in early April. A second panel will conduct virtual studio visits with each Finalist, gaining a broader context for the artists’ work. Three Awardees will be selected from the Finalist pool to receive unrestricted Awards of $10,000 each. The 2021 New York Awardees will be announced in April. Prior New York Artadia Awardees may be viewed on the Artadia Artist Registry. *If you have temporarily relocated due to COVID-19 please email us at email@example.com
The New York Artadia Awards are:
● Open to anyone living and working within the five Boroughs: Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan,
Staten Island, and Queens for a minimum of two years
● Free of application fees and project outline requirements
Apply if you:
● Have lived within the five Boroughs: Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island, and
Queens for a minimum of two years
● Are not currently enrolled in an art-related degree program
● Would like to have your work seen by a panel of prominent curators
- Applicants must be a contemporary visual artist, making artwork for presentation in a contemporary art context: museum, galleries, arts non-profit, the public art realm, etc. Artadia does not fund filmmakers making films for distribution in cinematic venues, or those working in choreography presented outside of a contemporary art context.
- Applicants must be currently living and working within the city’s eligible counties and resided there for at least two years prior to the application deadline.
- Not currently be enrolled in an art-related degree program, nor be planning to attend an art-related degree program in the coming year.
- Not be related to Artadia staff or directors in any way.
- Have not received an Artadia Award or an award from The Art Council for $5,000 or more in the past.
- If you are enrolled in a long-term artist residency program, please note you are only eligible to apply in the Award city where you permanently reside. Additionally, you must make yourself available to meet with jurors for a 45 minute virtual studio visit should you be chosen as a Finalist.
- Unless applying as a collaborative, you must be the sole conceptual author of the artwork submitted in the application; if there are collaborators that share authorship of submitted work they must be clearly identified and credited.