Call for Submissions
2020 CAAM Documentary Fund
Center for Asian American Media
San Francisco, CA 94103
Mar 27, 2020
Mar 03, 2020
With support from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, CAAM provides production funding to independent producers who make engaging Asian American works for public television. Documentaries are eligible for production or post-production funding and must be intended for public television broadcast. Awards typically range between $10,000 and $50,000.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must hold artistic, budgetary and editorial control and must own the copyright of the proposed project.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age, be citizens or legal residents of the United States or its territories.
- All projects in the post-production phase or further must have a full-length rough or fine cut to be considered. Projects in the production phase must include a 10-15 minute sample of the project that is being submitted.
- Applicants must have previous film or television experience. If this is your first media project, you must provide a video sample that demonstrates your ability to tell a story well through a visual medium.
- In some cases, CAAM may require a Fiscal Sponsor, which is a non-profit 501©(3) IRS tax-exempt entity. Your sponsor would agree to accept funds from CAAM on your behalf and is responsible for redistributing funds to the project accordingly.
- Projects must be delivered according to PBS standard lengths (26:46, 56:46) Only one proposal per applicant will be accepted.