How to Find and Land Your Dream Job in the Arts!
Are you passionate about the arts and looking for a career where you can contribute to a vibrant cultural sector? Whether you are an entry-level job-seeker or an experienced manager who is interested in a career transition, this workshop will help you define your career path, find opportunities, and walk you through all stages of a job search, from applying to interviewing to negotiating an offer. We’ll discuss arts-specific resources covering a range of disciplines, common application missteps, and how to strategically network in the field. You’ll walk away with a clearer sense of how to frame your career for new opportunities and essential strategies to land your dream job in the arts.
Geared toward arts and culture employees at all career stages, this workshop will give you tips on topics such as:
- Defining your dream job: We’ll discuss a range of career options in the visual, literary, and performing arts, and key questions to consider in tailoring your search.
- Where to find opportunities/networking: In addition to an overview of arts-specific employment resources, we’ll talk about informational interviews, staying informed about the field, and networking.
- Application strategies: We’ll define tips for creating and adapting your cover letter and resume for each application, including common missteps!
- Interviews: We’ll review how to prepare for an interview, how to respond to challenging questions, and key questions that you should ask potential employers.
- What Comes Next: Finally, we’ll talk about job offers, how to negotiate salary, and how to build lasting relationships in the field.