Senior Social Media Manager
Brooklyn, NY 11217
BRIC seeks a Senior Social Media Manager who will help grow BRIC’s audiences, reach, and engagement through smart, engaging social content and innovative storytelling strategies. This role reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
The manager must have a passion for creatively crafting narrative, a knowledge about the arts and a commitment to social justice. As the primary lead working with both written and visual social content, you may film video, edit video or edit photographs or images that are being used in posts.
The Senior Social Media Manager will be responsible for the following in addition to any other project as assigned by their manager:
- Oversee and manage a comprehensive social strategy across Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook that will increase engagement, reach new audiences, and grow followers.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to refine BRIC’s voice and story through innovative social media strategies
- Collaboratively work across a six-person marketing team, creating innovative content to support our diverse programs such as the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, our Contemporary Art exhibitions, BRIC TV, Brooklyn Free Speech, and education.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to allocate funding appropriately for paid social campaigns, influencer marketing, scheduling platforms, and other budgetary considerations.
- Direct cross-team workflow around content creation and innovative social media campaigns, leveraging the unique and diverse skills of the marketing team members
- Manage the work of seasonal staff hired to support social media efforts around tentpole events, like BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn.
- Strategically partner across the organization with program heads and our development team to support institutional priorities.
- Plan, develop, implement and manage all social media campaigns, both paid and organic.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors working with social, including digital marketing firms, videographers, and photographers. Oversee and direct appropriate spending of budgeted funds for these campaigns.
- Lead social-specific content capture across all BRIC programming. Work with other team members to clip, edit, and repurpose this content.
- Monitor trends, shifts, and changes across the social media landscape. Lead education initiatives and training to keep BRIC leadership and programming heads abreast of new social trends and strategies.
- Analyze and track data and trends for insight into ways to improve engagement, reach, social follower growth, and referral traffic.
- Work with the Senior Graphic Designer to create compelling digital assets while maintaining brand and style guides across all materials.
- Collaborate with the Senior Marketing Manager around data-informed social strategy and innovative campaigns to support BRIC’s programming.
- Creatively leverage evergreen and timely content from BRIC’s archives to strategically fold BRIC into conversations at the local and national levels.
- Build out strategic partnerships with other social media managers at arts, cultural and social justice institutions throughout New York City.
Compensation: The annual salary range for this position is $65-$80K
Status and location: This is a full-time, exempt role based in our Brooklyn office.
Benefits: BRIC has a comprehensive benefits package, including: paid time off, 403B retirement plan, pre-tax transit cards, medical flexible spending plans and more. BRIC currently pays 100% of the premium for employee medical, dental and vision coverage starting on the first of the month after 2 months of employment.
Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn’s creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.
RequirementsMission & values alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
Experience & Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
4+ years of experience running social media strategy for an organization whose work touches the worlds of arts & culture, social justice, and/or entertainment.
Demonstrated ability to manage social media campaigns from concept to execution with proven results.
Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, After Effects, Photoshop and other editing software with an interest and ability to quickly learn basic content management systems.
Manage competing projects and shifting priorities to meet deadlines, all with a professional demeanor and positive attitude.
Experience using tools like Meltwater for social listening is preferred.
A+ multitasker. Organized and deadline-driven and adept at managing multiple competing priorities.
Communication: An emotionally intelligent, values, and results-driven team player who can collaborate across departments and at all levels of the organization. An excellent communicator who prioritizes customer service.
Commitment to Equity & Inclusion: Brings experience operationalizing equity within this role.