Philanthropy & Advocacy Fellowship 2021-23
Lin-Manuel Miranda Family Foundation
New York, NY 10034
Seeking an individual interested in learning administration, coordination, management, assessment & strategy for the grantmaking/philanthropic non-profit sector. Candidate will commit to a 2-year fellowship, after which a successful fellow may be eligible to move into a new role in the organization or we will help the candidate secure a role in another organization. Successful candidates will have a self-starting approach, ability to deal with rapid growth and change, a highly developed service orientation, and demonstrated commitment towards diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and lifestyle backgrounds. Must be able to work and thrive while under pressure or in stressful circumstances with a positive approach, can-do attitude, and sense of humor. The ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external colleagues, flexibility, and anticipatory and critical thinking are essential for success in this position.
This role is full time. Due to Covid-19, the position will begin full time virtually until we can safely convene in person. Once it is safe to work in person, the position can be done part time remotely and part time in the office in NYC. In-office days change weekly, as needed.
The company prioritizes the following values:
• A society must be inclusive and uplift those who have not had opportunities due to their
origin, economic status, race, gender, sexual preference or disability
• Progressive ideas move our society towards increased equity and inclusion
• Arts & Culture are the soul of society
• Access to information, fair elections, and inclusive voting practices are integral to
• Honesty and integrity are irreplaceable and invaluable
• Interact with stakeholders in relation to scheduling, planning and staffing of meetings,
gatherings, and events, as appropriate.
• Serve an ambassadorial role with staff and with all clients and contacts, projecting an
image that is consistent with the organization.
• Ensure coordination between Principals.
• Draft correspondence, coordinate mailing and handle inquiries and requests from
internal and external sources.
• Draft newsletters and other documents for various projects and campaigns.
• Provide support for meetings and events.
• Provide support for offsite, days-long conferences–ranging from complete logistical
planning and support to participant outreach and coordination to planning activities.
• Assist and coordinate “experiences” (prizes) for winners of various fundraising auctions
• Manage, maintain, and organize confidential materials, including a filing system of
electronic materials in an online database.
• Prepare and assemble reports, documents and other publications, as appropriate. Assist
with critical analysis and assessment of reports and how we can use findings to shape
• May manage and implement special projects, as assigned.
RequirementsMinimum Experience: 2-5 years in a fast-paced environment coordinating or managing
• Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree.
• Language: proficiency in Spanish (speaking, reading, and writing) strongly preferred.
• Experience with MS Office and Google Docs is required.
• Understanding of databases and reporting is essential.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Project management experience, including strong organizational skills, ability to
prioritize, ability to coordinate with others, and meet deadlines.
• Comfort with (or, dare we say, enjoyment of!) ambiguity and change in direction as a
• Ability to anticipate what needs to be done to reach goals and work to make these
• Strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent listening, oral, and written
• Belief that “no job is too small.” We are an “all hands on deck” team.
Application InstructionsApplications will be accepted until Monday, March 8th at 5pm EST. Please follow these
1) Send cover letter (1 page or shorter) and resume in a single PDF document.
2) Name the file “Last name, First Name”
3) Email PhilanthropyFellow@gmail.com with the PDF as attachment, subject line
“Fellowship Submission: Last Name, First Name”