Lotus Music & Dance
New York, NY 10025
Lotus Music & Dance is a not-for-profit 501©(3) organization, was founded in 1989 whose mission is to keep alive and accessible music and dance traditions from around the world. We are a cultural and educational haven, dedicated to the teaching, performance, and preservation of traditional and indigenous art forms from India, Korea, Japan, the South Pacific, Indonesia, China, the Middle East, Native America, the Philippines, West Africa, Spain and more.
The Office Manager reports to the Executive/Artistic Director. Throughout the year, the Lotus Music & Dance engages interns and temporary, part-time assistance, as needed, to accomplish its goals.
The Office Manager should have a commitment to Lotus’s mission; core values; and its equity, diversity, and inclusion initiative within the workplace and in the field. They should be collaborative, empathetic, and resourceful, and be able to productively work with a diverse staff, board, and network of external partners. Outstanding interpersonal verbal and written communication skills are essential, as are strong attention to detail and dependability.
We are seeking someone with experience in producing events and/or performances, as well as a knack for designing and executing efficient processes
and an ability to quickly learn new systems. In addition to these qualities, we are seeking someone who has:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in dance/music/theater events, fundraisers, and/or festivals.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in planning or coordinating festival events in a collaborative capacity.
- Familiarity with the dance field as production personnel, an administrator, or an artist.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving capabilities, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Experience supervising staff, interns, and/or volunteers, in the workplace and/or on-site at productions or events.
- Working knowledge of Google Drive and Microsoft Office functionality.
Part-time position, 25 hours per week, salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com