NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship
New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA)
Need to raise funds for your artist project? NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship can help. New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) supports artists, filmmakers, musicians, performers, writers, and community groups across disciplines.
What is Fiscal Sponsorship?
Fiscal Sponsorship is a fundraising and administrative tool that allows your project to use NYFA’s 501c3 nonprofit status to fundraise for your own project. With the support of NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship, you can:
- Apply for funding from government, foundation, and corporate grants traditionally restricted to 501c3 organizations.
- Offer the incentive of a tax-deduction to attract individual donors.
- Receive consultation services with NYFA staff at no cost.
- Receive fiduciary oversight and financial record-keeping.
- Create a personalized fundraising page on nyfa.org.
- Participate in networking opportunities with a community of artists.
NYFA’s staff is composed of arts administrators and working artists with expertise in finance, fundraising, and project management. Their team is dedicated to providing individualized support to help you make your project or organization a success on your own terms.
They offer unlimited free consultations via Zoom on topics including:
- Feedback on grant proposals
- Fundraising strategies
- Project management
- Marketing materials
The next no-fee application deadline is Friday, June 30. To apply, you must have a specific project (ex: a film, a play, an educational or community program, a series of paintings, etc.) and your application must meet these basic eligibility requirements:
- Your project or organization is arts-based.
- Your project includes a public-benefit component.
- Your project is non-profit in nature.
- You understand that fiscal sponsorship is not a grant program.
- We invite applications from arts collectives, individual artists, and emerging non-profit arts organizations.