New Museum NEW INC Incubator Membership
New York, New York 10002
NEW INC incubator members receive access to all membership offerings. Professional development, mentorship, peer work-in-progress showings, and community events will continue being offered on a virtual or hybrid basis, while keystone programs like CAMP and DEMO will be held in person in New York and live streamed.
NEW INC Incubator Membership
$150 / month* (per person)
Subsidy: $60.00 / month (per person)
All Members are provided with in-person access to NEW INC’s workspace an average of 2-3 days per week, full-access to our mentorship program including a mentor dedicated to them/their team, a full year of tailored professional development programming, Track placement, and access to members-only virtual and in-person events.
Dedicated desks and workspace are available for NEW INC members who require them, they are priced at an additional fee.
- Initiation Fees: All members pay a $150 set-up fee + first month’s fee upon sign-up in July 2023.
**Grant-Supported Tracks: Please see below for where we are able to offer discounts on membership thanks to the support of our funders and partners.
Subsidies: They offer a limited number of subsidized memberships, based on financial need, for Black, Indigenous, and people of color, queer, trans, nonbinary, and people with disabilities. Subsidies are considered on a case-by-case basis, and are reviewed during the interview period. People who qualify will be able to pay at a discounted rate. Additionally, through partners, we are able to subsidize participation in some of our Tracks. Adjusted prices listed below in Track details. NEW INC has three different kinds of membership offerings in Y9. You will have the opportunity to select which kind of membership feels right for you, but NEW INC will ultimately distribute membership types based on availability.
• Participation in NEW INC’s program is a year-long commitment, Sept 2023-August 2024. While NEW INC journeys vary member-to-member, average participation in our program looks like 4-8 hours of engagement per week with an option to work from NEW INC’s space a few days per week.
• Applicants must be US citizens or have the ability to secure a visa for visiting and conducting business in the US. Members do not have to be based in New York to pursue a NEW INC membership, as many of our offerings are hybrid. When in New York, you will have access to our space.
• Applicants should be aligned with NEW INC’s values of Collectivism, Experimentation, Interdisciplinary Collaboration, Stewardship, and Justice
• Membership is not open to students / people enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs. However, people completing dissertation work as part of a PhD program may be considered.