Asian American Arts Alliance
20 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
A4 is in search of a new team member to provide support on fundraising, special event coordination, and some general office administration.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working closely with Programs staff, the Board of Directors and interns/volunteers, the Development Manager is an essential part of a small and focused team to expand the fundraising potential of A4 and to ensure operation efficiency and sound fiscal management.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Together with the Executive Director, coordinate all functions related to institutional grants, including managing the grants calendar, strategizing fundraising prospects, preparing and drafting grant applications and reports to funders, and facilitating communications with grantors as needed. Maintain electronic and physical records. Process incoming grants (e.g., deposits, acknowledgements, and correspondence).
*Individual Donor Development *
* Work closely with the Executive Director to carry out donor development planning and activities, including developing strategies to expand donor base, management of annual fundraising appeals, processing gift acknowledgements/thank you letters, and updating database with contact/relationship/donation information, and all gift/grant/membership transactions (NY Charities and donation transaction accounts). Provide regular reports for internal assessment as needed.
Annual Fundraising Events
* Work closely with the Executive Director to plan and execute all year-round aspects of fundraising events. Help coordinate and oversee event outreach and management as it relates to the benefit committee, sponsorships, ticket sales, silent auction, print and digital advertising, vendors, and donations. Help coordinate and oversee data tracking as it relates to budgeting, ticket sales, silent auction, donations, sponsorships and advertising sales, etc. Work closely with Program Manager on events’ programmatic components, including volunteer management, program flow, and day-of-event on-site management.
* As needed, assist with upkeep of office network, hardware and software, and vendor contacts.
* Assist with general office management including occasional IT trouble shooting, monitoring automated data back-ups, ordering supplies, and other tasks as needed.
* As needed, help staff core A4 programs, including bi-monthly Town Halls and workshops.
The Development Manager reports to the Executive Director.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week with occasional evenings), currently working remotely with the ability to work from the A4 offices.
Annual Salary: $55,000 plus competitive benefits package (health insurance, paid vacation, and sick leave, transit check).
- 3-5 years’ prior work experience, preferably in a non-profit environment with some grant writing and/or fundraising/event planning experience
- Be highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work efficiently
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and QuickBooks applications; and ability to troubleshoot basic IT problems
- Ability to work well in a small team environment
- Knowledge of database systems required (familiarity with Neon a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong demonstrated interest in the arts, the Asian American community, and/or the goals of the organization preferred
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com with DEV MGR in the subject line on or before November 25, 2020.
A4 is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or political affiliation.