Wing on Wo
26 Mott Street
New York, NY 10013
The Deputy Director will work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop a comprehensive organizational fundraising strategy with clearly defined milestones and targets. In concert with the Executive Director and the Program Director, the Deputy Director will define the organizational strategy and initiatives necessary to shape W.O.W.’s growth in a period of expansion. The Deputy Director will ensure that the vision and work of W.O.W. programs are accurately and enthusiastically communicated to the public as well as to donors and funders. They will work in collaboration with the Development Associate and the Youth Marketing Coordinator to achieve these goals.
Organizational Development (20%)
• Co-lead collaborative organizational development processes and work with W.O.W. team to meet programmatic, community, and organizational goals.
• Work with Executive Director and Program Director to build W.O.W.’s organizational infrastructure, including team-building, internal communications, and supporting the development of financial and operational systems.
Fundraising & Communications (70%)
• Under the direction of the Executive Director and in coordination with the Board of Directors, manage relationships with donors and funders and work actively to grow the donor pool.
• Under the direction of the Executive Director and in coordination with the Board of Directors, develop, lead, and monitor a comprehensive organizational fundraising strategy with clearly defined milestones and targets.
• Work with the Development Associate to apply to new funding opportunities and grants.
• Supervise Development Associate and Youth Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
• In coordination with the Executive Director and Program Director, oversee and implement marketing and communications strategy with support from Youth Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
• Strengthen W.O.W.’s role in the community through attending local events, building strategic partnerships, and representing W.O.W. in external spaces.
• Email correspondence
• Studio and office management support
• 5+ years of experience managing staff, overseeing programs, leading fundraising campaigns and donor cultivation.
• Commitment and alignment to WOW’s vision and values.
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
• Must live in NYC upon employment start date.
Additional desired qualifications:
• Working with donor management systems
• Collaborating and working with youth
• Living or working with W.O.W.’s core constituency