2024 Sunroom Project Space
4900 Independence Ave
Bronx, NY 10471
The Sunroom Project Space provides an opportunity for emerging, New York-area artists to develop and exhibit a site-specific project as a solo show at Wave Hill. The exhibition spaces available for 2024 are the windowed Sunroom and Sun Porch in Glyndor Gallery and the Glyndor Terrace. Wave Hill seeks proposals for artist projects that engage with the site of Wave Hill (plant collection, histories and other aspects of the grounds) and the surrounding neighborhoods and communities of the Bronx.
Six artists will be selected for solo exhibitions and will receive an honorarium of $2,000, exhibition support and professional development. Artists will have six to twelve months to develop their ideas, create new work and participate in a Meet the Artist program during the exhibition.
- Wave Hill welcomes applications from artists working across media;
- Artists are in the early stages of their career;
- Live within a 50-mile radius of the Bronx;
- Students enrolled in a degree-granting program; artists with commercial gallery representation; and who have previously exhibited at Wave Hill are not eligible;
- Artists may submit proposals for consideration online through SlideRoom. Applications are reviewed by a jury comprising Wave Hill’s curatorial staff, a guest curator and a previous Sunroom Project Space artist. Artists interested in applying are encouraged to visit Wave Hill and Wave Hill’s website and arts pages before applying;
Information Session: Monday, June 26 from 12 – 1 PM. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Sunroom Project Space Info Session.”
Apply through the application portal.