Affordable Housing With Daniel Arnow
5:30 – 7:30PM
Want to learn more about applying for affordable housing? Need updates on the other housing issues effected by the pandemic?
The Actors Fund and Bronx Council on the Arts are pleased to present this affordable housing seminar that aims to help participants navigate the process, and get organized so they can be prepared to apply. The application process is explained in simple steps and helps applicants avoid common mistakes. Information regarding income eligibility and documentation is discussed to address the specific needs of arts workers.
Since many artist and other workers in the gig economy have income that is episodic, fluctuating and from several different sources, the seminar explores different methods for calculating and verifying annual household income. The seminar will address the following questions:
- How do you find and apply for affordable housing?
- What are the eligibility requirements? (Income, household size, credit, housing history, etc.)
- How does a housing lottery work?
- What’s up with the NEW NYC Housing Connect website?
- How do you document your income if it fluctuates year to year?
- How can you best prepare yourself for an eligibility appointment?
- What are your options if you are denied?
- If I can’t pay rent due to COVID, am I protected by the eviction moratorium?