131 East 10th Street
Danspace Project (DSP) seeks several Electricians to work in our Production Department on a seasonal (March - June 2022, Sept 2022 – June 2023) as-needed basis in our theater. The Production Dept. is responsible for managing and coordinating the technical aspects of all Danspace Project performances and events. The ELECTRICIANS are shift-based, hourly/non-exempt employees who work under the general supervision of the Production Manager, as well as under the direction of DSP’s Production Coordinators when on duty in the theater.
Come join our team in advancing Danspace Project’s commitment to developing and presenting new work, supporting emerging and established artists, and an openness to new artistic ideas! In DSP’s programs and operations, a balance of perspectives is sought across considerations of race, sexuality, gender, class, and ethnicity; aesthetic investigations across dance histories, genres and forms; and relevance to DSP’s institutional history and memory. DSP’s staff and board are guided by these Values (here) in order to continue to fulfill the organization’s Mission (here).
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Assist with hanging and focusing light plots and striking light plots; work on ladders at 12ft heights with incandescent theatrical instruments.
- Assist with maintenance, organization & cleaning of the theater, its light fixtures and other equipment.
- As necessary, climb stairs, and lift objects in weight up to 50lbs, including but not limited to lighting instruments, steel pipe, hardware and long runs of theatrical cable; load-in/strike participation.
- RATE: $25/hr, four-hour minimum shifts and other industry-standard policies for overtime, breaks, benefits, etc.
- SCHEDULE: Shifts vary, but often include: 12pm – 8pm load-ins on Mondays or Thursdays; 9:30pm or later Saturday night strike calls; NO SUNDAYS.
- COVID19: Protocols as of 2/28/2022 (subject to change) include: All employees of Danspace Project must provide proof of vaccination and booster, and wear a mask (KN95 or above) while onsite. All shifts cancelled by DSP due to COVID19 will be paid in full.
- TO INQUIRE: Please email Chris Masullo, Production Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, cc-ing email@example.com. The subject line for the email should be: “Electricians”, the body should include a list of relevant experience and/or references as available.
Danspace Project is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, age or disability.
Danspace Project, 131 East 10th Street, New York, NY 10003
- Previous experience working as a theater electrician.
- The ability to work safely, calmly, and efficiently under pressure.
- Proficiency with ETC Express consoles preferred.