Special Events Manager
647 Fulton Street
Founded in 1977 UrbanGlass was the first artist-access glass center in the United States and is now the largest with 17,000 square feet of state-of-the-art studio space. Our mission is to foster experimentation and advance the use and critical understanding of glass as a creative medium.
Our glass studios and art center serve over 25,000 professional artists, designers and students annually seeking to learn about the possibilities of glass.
The Special Events Manager is responsible for the planning, administrative and operational functions for fund-raising events. This is a wide-ranging role that requires development of successful relationships with colleagues, constituents, and vendors at all levels. The position reports to the Director of Development. This position is a hybrid position and will require at least 2 days per week onsite.
The position offers a comprehensive benefits package.
In coordination with the Director of Development, the Special Events Manager:
- Plans and executes the organization’s fund-raising events, both in-person and virtual, to include the Spring Gala, Fall Party, as well as smaller cultivation events for donors and prospective donors throughout the year.
- Schedules and attends regular meetings with the Events Committee of the Board and produces general summary notes for each meeting
- Manages work plans for each event to ensure timely completion of all associated event activities
- Works with designer(s) on the creation of strong, clear and thematically appropriate collateral event material
- Identifies and secures corporate sponsors for company events
- Works with event sponsors and designers to ensure that sponsors are appropriately recognized
- In conjunction with the Director of Development, prepares event remarks for the Executive Director, honorees and special guests
- Tracks ticket sales, income generated,and other key aspects of fundraising events in the UrbanGlass database
- Provides auction liaison and oversight
- Prepares thank you letters to Gala and other party donors as well as sponsors and other participants
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
- Excellent organizational and communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Superb attention to detail and an ability to handle multiple projects and requests on an ongoing basis.
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a small organization with limited resources.
- Computer fluency in (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce and Google Workspace, including Calendar, Documents and Sheets).
- Strong database and Salesforce skills necessary.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in Special Events.