131 East 10th Street
Danspace Project (DSP) seeks a Production Manager (PM) to join our team in advancing Danspace Project’s commitment to developing and presenting new work, supporting emerging and established artists, and an openness to new artistic ideas. In DSP’s programs and operations, a balance of perspectives is sought across considerations of race, sexuality, gender, class, and ethnicity; aesthetic investigations across dance histories, genres and forms; and relevance to DSP’s institutional history and memory. DSP’s staff and board are guided by these Values (https://danspaceproject.org/values/) in order to continue to fulfill the organization’s Mission (https://danspaceproject.org/about/).
The Production Dept. is responsible for managing and coordinating the technical aspects of all Danspace Project performances and events. The Production Manager is a Full Time (40 hr/wk), Managerial exempt/salaried position under the supervision of Program Director and Associate Curator, Benjamin Akio Kimitch. Areas of responsibility are focused towards pre-production planning, execution of performances and events, technical needs and concerns of artists, managing part-time technical staff, technical equipment maintenance, and logistical and safety concerns of the theater.
PLEASE SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION LINK AT https://danspaceproject.org/about/opportunities/
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Inform artists of Danspace Project’s technical and scheduling capacities, limitations and policies.
- Address artists’ needs such as: recommendations & facilitation of onsite production schedule, equipment rentals, personnel needs, and tech solutions for our unique space, St. Mark’s Church.
- Manage and schedule all Production Staff.
- Prevent, manage and respond to logistical and safety concerns in the theater, ensuring safety compliance for all productions and events.
- Manage and maintain a clean and safe worksite, tech equipment and supply inventory and department budget.
- As necessary, climb stairs, ladders and assist in the lifting of heavy objects; load-in/strike participation.
- The candidate should have technical competency with theatrical equipment and programs (lighting, sound, video, QLAB, basic rigging)and experience in a managerial role. The ability to work safely, calmly, and efficiently under pressure is essential to the job.
- Comfort with managing artist requests, production schedules, staff schedules and budgets.
- Has a diverse network of technicians, contractors, designers, and theatrical professionals.
- Interest in the work that Danspace Project presents and a drive to work creatively within DSP’s unique venue and technical conditions are a plus.