Manager of Salisbury Giving Society
Worcester Art Museum
Worcester, MA 01609
Title: Manager of Salisbury Giving Society
Type: Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: Manager of Donor Engagement
Direct Reports: None
Purpose: The Salisbury Giving Society Manager will develop strategies and drive the growth and retention of members to giving society through recruitment, benefit delivery, creative programming and high quality donor stewardship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop fundraising strategies and annual program to maximize recruitment and retention in the Salisbury Giving Society in line with campaign objectives.
- In coordination with the Manager of Donor Engagement, the Salisbury Commitee, and key members of the Board of Trustees, develop and cultivate new relationships to broaden, diversify and expand membership and enhance members’ participation and volunteerism at WAM, where appropriate.
- Working with Salisbury Committee, develop annual program of benefits including curator talks, special access opportunities, travel and events.
- Plan and implement high quality events, both in-person and digital to provide both social and educational programming; this includes talks and lectures, receptions, specialized dinners and award presentations, among others.
- Work closely with Manager of Donor Engagement on donor pipeline management, tracking and documenting donor interactions
- Coordinate and implement the renewal and acknowledgement process for all members ensuring quality service and accuracy
- Provide quality volunteer management to the Salisbury Committee including timely communication, well organized and productive meetings, regular recognition and stewardship of committee members.
- Oversee revenue and program expense budget
- Provide personalized stewardship to all Salisbury members
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience working with high level donors and providing outstanding donor services and stewardship.
- Proven success developing and delivering events ranging from online lectures, intimate dinners, unique access experiences together with larger parties and travel experiences.
- Proven track record identifying and developing services and programs to draw interested and philanthropic individuals to support organization
- Impeccable customer service and donor stewardship delivery
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Ability to develop positive working relationship with colleagues, vendors, vistors, and donors.
- Ability to work closely and in collaboration with gift officers and development team as well as independently on stated goals and program management
- Excellent writing and speaking skills. Ability to connect with people at a personal level both in person and virtually
- Agile, efficient and independent in working within database. High value placed on data integrity and comprehensive documentation.
- Proven track record creating and developing successful fundraising events.
- Weekend and evening availability is required.
- Embraces and promotes diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion initiatives
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Knowledge of art and art history preferred.
Minimum of 3 years development experience, with particular emphasis on annual giving, experience with donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Volunteer management is required. Blackbaud Altru experience preferred.