Institutional Giving & Board Coordinator
New York City, NY 10036
Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking an INSTITUTIONAL GIVING & BOARD COORDINATOR to support Signature’s fundraising efforts and Board relations.
Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005, Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field and aligning with Signature Theatre’s institutional goals and priorities focused on playwrights, community, and access are strongly encouraged to apply.
Signature is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (EDIA) and welcomes candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for underrepresented communities.
All employees of Signature Theatre have a responsibility to be active in the institution’s continued commitment to its Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility values and goals. Please read our commitment to creating a theatre focused on EDIA at https://www.signaturetheatre.org/Updates/Equity-Diversity-Inclusion-Accessibility.aspx.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Institutional Giving, this mid-level position supports all aspects of institutional fundraising (foundation, corporate, and government) and Board relations.
- Draft proposals and reports to select foundation, government, and corporate partners ($1,000 - $10,000, with room to grow to take on larger applications)
- Research prospective institutional funders and grant opportunities, working across the team to ensure accurate information and history
- Work alongside the Development Assistant to acknowledge all institutional grants and awards
- Manage audience surveys to track Ticket Initiative goals
- Support ticketing and funder crediting for Institutional donors
- Support the Assistant Director, Institutional Giving in maintaining Institutional donor recognition and benefit fulfillment company-wide
- Work closely with the Marketing department to update specialized presentations
- Support maintenance of current and prospective institutional donor profiles in Tessitura, including Plans
- Maintain updated digital and paper files for all institutional donors with the support of the Development Assistant
- Responsible for all aspects of Board giving (Annual, Gala, and Campaign), including invoicing and acknowledgments
- Work cross-departmentally to set agenda for full Board and committee meetings and prepare RSVPs and minutes, as necessary
- Oversee all board communications and preparation of meeting materials
- In tandem with internal leadership, plan Board communications and engagement, strategy, and EDIA training
- Track Board diversification and expansion strategy, prospects, and be a primary contact for the Board Nominating/Governance Committee
- Maintain a personal portfolio of Board contacts and ensure that all Board contact lists, solicitations, and leveraged gifts are well maintained and updated
- Support with ticket requests as well as maintenance of Board member profiles in Tessitura, including Plans
- Occasionally work nights and/or weekends for special events
This is a full-time salaried non-exempt position with a minimum annual salary of $55,000. Signature Theatre provides comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) matching, and paid time off.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of fundraising experience at a nonprofit organization (preferably in the performing arts)
- Experience with Tessitura or a comparable CRM database
- Strong writer and researcher
- Detail- and deadline-oriented
- Able to understand and work with budgets
- Some experience liaising with a non-profit Board or similar volunteer leadership group is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive)
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite (particularly InDesign and Photoshop) is a plus
- Ability to work with multiple competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with multiple internal/external community members
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF: A Cover letter with salary requirements, a Resume, 3 References, and a 1-to-2-page writing sample. You must type “Institutional Giving & Board Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications are due by 11/26/21.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, disability, genetic predisposition, age, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No phone calls, please. For more information about Signature, please visit www.signaturetheatre.org.