Director of HR, Equity and Inclusion
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
962 Mt Adams Cir
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion in all areas of its work, both on and offstage. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and life experiences to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Director of HR, Equity and Inclusion
A member of Senior Staff, the Director of HR, Equity & Inclusion is responsible for ensuring all HR functions are robust and seamlessly integrated across the organization in a manner that supports the Playhouse’s DEIA goals, work culture and organizational objectives. This position requires experience and expertise within a wide spectrum of technical and functional HR management.
The successful candidate also possesses enviable cultural proficiency skills and has demonstrated experience working with core principals of equity and inclusion, as well as grounding these principles into the strategic and everyday work. As a member of Playhouse senior leadership staff, they have an exceptional and open communication style and the ability to lead by influence across various leadership personalities and working styles.
This is a full-time, salaried exempt position supervising a Payroll and Benefits Specialist and reporting to the Managing Director.
For complete description go to https://www.cincyplay.com/about/employment
Ideal Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study from an accredited institution, or equivalent experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the position’s requirements
• Minimum 3 years robust generalist HR experience with strong management-level leadership skills
• A genuine commitment for creating an inclusive, ethical and equitable work environment, and adept at relating to diverse professional, cultural, community and social perspectives
• Experience working with organizational diversity, equity, inclusion and access (DEIA) efforts including engaging in difficult conversations with individuals and groups to achieve organizational cultural change
• Great listening skills and talent for neutralizing and managing stressful personnel issues with professionalism and equanimity
• Demonstrated ability to identify/resolve complex people issues with compassion and through a lens of equity and inclusivity
• PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
• COVID-19 Compliance Officer training and/or equivalent project management experience a plus
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey information effectively and simply based on others’ natural and adapted working styles
• Well-developed interpersonal and inclusive problem-solving skills and the ability to develop strong partnerships with diverse constituents
• Collaborative and collegial and genuinely values working with others
• Experience with unions and interpreting collective bargaining agreements a plus
• Self-directed project management skills. Organized. Demonstrated skill for juggling and prioritizing competing demands with great attention to detail
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications; experience with payroll (Paycor a plus)
• Capable of exercising good judgement to discern and maintain confidentiality of information.
• Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations in order to keep abreast of the latest trends in HR and employment law.
• Demonstrated passion for the arts (theatre, a plus)
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Position is located in a climate-controlled office and currently includes home-based remote work
• Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of standard office equipment (computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets)
• Position can be sedentary, and the employee may sit for long periods of time working at a computer screen, though this varies from week to week
• Position may require local travel to other worksites
• Light lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of supplies, files, etc.: generally up to 10 lbs. and occasionally up to 25 lbs.
• Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching
• Ability to speak clearly to and hear/listen to employees/clients via phone or in person
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.