Barrington Stage Company
122 North Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Barrington Stage Company, an award-winning professional theatre company located in the heart of the Berkshires (MA), is seeking a Development Associate to join our team in Pittsfield, MA. The Development Associate is a core member of our fundraising team, an early-career position that will grow with the selected candidate’s strengths and skills. This Associate will provide support for gift solicitations and obtain valuable skills and experience in party planning, fundraising and donor/volunteer services in both front-of-house and behind-the-scenes capacities in support of Barrington Stage Company’s fundraising goals.
Barrington Stage has a three-fold mission: to produce top notch, compelling work; to develop new plays and musicals; and to engage our community with vibrant, inclusive educational outreach programs. BSC is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. We strongly encourage candidates of color, and/or from diverse backgrounds/underrepresented groups to apply.
- Providing administrative support for all donor outreach including scheduling events and meetings, providing follow ups, drafting communications and updates, and tracking donations
- Coordinating and assisting with the planning of all cultivation and fundraising events
- Conducting donor prospect research and analysis
- Researching new, grant and foundation opportunities and assisting with grant writing
- Providing support to the Board, Development Committee, Gala Committee, and Community Advisory Board by scheduling meetings, and drafting agendas and minutes
- Cultivating individual donors by hosting and engaging major donors in our private patron lounge
- Supporting the development department at the theatre, at events, and with the broader mission of BSC as required
- Positive! Upbeat! A self-starter! Able to professionally engage BSC’s patrons about theatre and our mission on a regular basis
- Interest in building relationships with community members through presence at events
- Impeccable organization skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
- Self-starter who enjoys working independently and with a team to meet a goal
- The desire to “get out of the office” and build donor relationships, exhibiting follow-through on goals and opportunities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat. Experience with Tessitura, Foundation Center and other funder portals is a plus
- Knowledge and interest in theatre, fundraising, and the Berkshires is a plus
This position reports to the Director of Development. It is full-time exempt with occasional evening/weekend work. Salary is $38,000 plus relocation assistance offered to out-of-town candidates as well as a competitive benefit package.