DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
Foundation for Contemporary Arts
820 Greenwich Street, Floor 4
FCA seeks a temporary, part-time Development and Communications Assistant for a minimum of six months. Reporting to the Deputy Director, this position assists the two-member Development and Communications team, supporting all aspects of FCA’s external relations and fund-raising including assisting with events; researching grants and preparing proposal materials, creating and distributing e-newsletters and press releases; updating FCA’s contact database; tracking contributions and issuing acknowledgement letters; drafting content for web and social media; and other duties as assigned.
The Development and Communications Assistant will be a key member of FCA’s small staff during a period of growth for the organization. During the six-month period, the Assistant will perform a variety of tasks in a fast-paced, high-standards environment. The position offers opportunities for gaining experience in communications, grant writing, and donor relations.
FCA seeks a candidate who shares our commitment to values of access, diversity, equity, and inclusion and brings a perspective that will contribute to the achievement of our mission.
Compensation: $25/hour for an average of 20-25 hours per week.
Requirements• Minimum of BA or BFA in Art History, Studio Art, or related field
• One year of prior experience in a comparable field
• Interest in and knowledge of contemporary visual and/or performance arts
• Must be a strong writer and editor/proofreader, experience writing for web/social media is a plus
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work productively both independently and as part of a team
• Comfort using MacOS and Microsoft Word; proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Mailchimp, and ArtBase or other database system is a plus