Associate Director of Education
Barrington Stage Company
122 North Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
- Serves as the Director of the Musical Theatre Conservatory
- Recruit, audition and help to select students for the Conservatory
- Hire and manage teachers for the conservatory
- Develop a curriculum and schedule for students
- Serve as a mentor for students and advocate for their needs while on campus at BSC
Administer scholarships and collect tuition
Coordinates the Professional Internship Program, along with the Director of Education, Assistant Production Manager, and Associate General Manager
Serves as an Artistic Mentor for a group in the Playwright Mentoring Project
Helps administratively with Playwright Mentoring Project
Supports the KidsAct! And TeensAct! Programs by acting as a lead teacher during the school year.
Participates in general Barrington Stage Company meetings and events, including weekly staff meetings, etc.
Assists to develop and administer new programming as assigned by the Director of Education
Full-time exempt with regular evenings/weekends.
Salary is $45,000-$48,000 commensurate with experience plus relocation assistance offered to out-of-town candidates as well as competitive benefit package.
- Ability to lead through a lens of equity, cultural awareness, and sensitivity
- The ability to develop and assess theatre education curriculum and concepts.
- Ability to manage complex scheduling and course design
- Track record of scheduling and administering an advanced training program
- A deep commitment to theatre education and BSC’s mission to engage our community with vibrant, inclusive educational outreach programs
- Flexibility, vision, energy, a collaborative approach and a commitment to equitable and accessible practices in the classroom and with colleagues
- Proven artistic and educational expertise in theatre with an emphasis on musical theatre desired
- Directing experience, choreography, and devising experience are highly desired
- Experience working with diverse youth populations, especially teens in crisis
- Awareness of youth developmental stages and current youth issues, as well as best practices in positive youth development
- Commitment to ongoing growth and refinement of teaching artist skills