Accounting Associate- Arts Consulting Group
Arts Consulting Group
292 Newbury St, Suite 315
Arts Consulting Group (ACG) is the leading provider of hands-on interim management, executive search, revenue enhancement, strategic planning & community engagement, facilities & program planning, and other capacity building services for the arts and culture industry. Founded in 1997, ACG is a full-service firm that effectively works with a wide range of nonprofit organizations, universities, government agencies, and for-profit entities that operate in the creative industries. The firm takes a contemporary approach to client challenges and opportunities focused on growing institutions, advancing arts and culture, and enhancing communities. ACG senior team members have leadership experience in every type of artistic and cultural discipline and they seamlessly adapt to clients’ rapidly changing strategies, business models, and operating environments.
ACG’s commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access, and Success (IDEAS) means that team members work closely with each client to understand the intersectionality of programs, audiences, educational activities, governance, and management with a clear focus on the communities these organizations seek to serve. Each client is unique and therefore these areas require careful discussion and consensus within the organization to ensure clarity at the launch of and throughout any consulting process. ACG also actively engaged in ongoing collective internal growth and team improvement around IDEAS principles with formal training and research focused on broader societal understanding and learning.
The firm currently has locations in Boston, Calgary, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, Raleigh, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington, DC. ACG employees and consultants are embedded in communities throughout North America to invigorate clients so that they can achieve the delicate balance between cultural impacts and business sustainability.
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Operations (DFO), the Accounting Associate will be a highly organized, detail-oriented, and effective team member who works closely with ACG’s multinational professionals to provide support in accounting, financial reporting, accounts payable and receivable, and business administration.
Roles and Responsibilities
Accounting and Finance Operations
- Perform data entry and record accounts payable invoices and payments in QuickBooks Online.
- Maintain company vendor accounts, collect W-9s, and prepare annual 1099 reporting.
- Create and process client invoices, manage collection of outstanding invoices, and perform other accounts receivable functions.
- Distribute weekly reports to Finance team, as well as President and Senior Vice Presidents, including accounts receivables, accounts payables, and billing milestone reports.
- Assist DFO with regular preparation and posting of general journal entries and reconciliations.
- Support monthly and yearly close functions, including bank account and credit card reconciliations in QuickBooks Online and posting of confidential financial reports to SharePoint.
- Maintain clean, well-structured, and organized chart of accounts, assist DFO with regular balance sheet reconciliation, trial balance review, recording of prepaids and accruals, and general ledger clean-up.
- Record bank deposits in QuickBooks Online.
- Assist with creation of annual budget and upload budget to QuickBooks Online, distribute monthly budget versus actuals reporting to SVP team and Practice Area leaders.
- Support SVP-FA and DFO with financial analysis and ad hoc reporting, international and inter-company transactions and invoicing, as well as consolidation of financial statements.
- Prepare documentation for external accounting firm and other third-party vendors, as needed.
- Attend and actively participate in regular team meetings and training.
- Follow firm methodologies, templates, and project reporting guidelines.
- Embrace other accounting and finance operations duties as needed.
Traits and Characteristics
The successful Accounting Associate will be a highly organized and detail-oriented professional with excellent accounting, written, and oral communication skills. This individual will be a motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks, maintain and develop routinized systems, and deliver highly efficient and effective office operations and communication. A flexible and adaptable team player, the Accounting Associate will demonstrate speed, accuracy, reliability, personal accountability, and interpersonal skills in working with internal team members and external constituents. They will be motivated by data analysis, building knowledge, intellectual growth, and the maintenance of a complete, current, and responsive financial and time tracking system that supports ACG as well as its mission, vision, values, and strategic goals.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent work experience, and at least three years in a similar role is required. Applicants with an associate degree and at least five years of related experience will also be considered. Knowledge and regular usage of QuickBooks Online is required. Experience using Concur, Bill.com, and Quickbase are appreciated. Office365, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and advanced Excel skills are expected.
Compensation and Benefits
ACG offers a competitive compensation package expected in the range of $45,000 to $55,000, commensurate with experience, which includes subsidized medical, dental, vision, and life insurances; unlimited paid time off; 401(k) employer match; and other benefits are available. This position will offer a primarily remote work environment with periodic in person team summit and other meetings.